Design Concept of Upgraded Campus
Our upgraded campus is planned and conceptualised with the following objectives in mind:
- Provide facilites that enhanced effectiveness of teaching and learning.
- Design a campus layout that enhances operational efficiency of the school.
- Create a setting that inspires Navalites to strive for excellence.
- Build a beautiful school that the Navalite community is proud of.
- Accentuate the unique identity of the school.
Twin Vision for Campus
These draw on the strengths of the school:
School As Giant Art Gallery
Visual Arts is our school's special niche and we will transform the entire school campus into a giant space for the display of various media of art.
School In A Garden
Our school has attained the Sustained Lotus Award for our Environment Education Programme. Supporting the national vision of Singapore as a City In A Garden, our campus will have lots of lush greenery in a lovely garden setting.
( 1) COLOURFUL SCHOOL FACADESThe facades of the school have three distinct colour themes: the cool external facade with eclectic hues of blue sets a naval theme for the campus, while the contemporary modernist red internal facade of the area to the right of the Lotus Pond projects vibrant aesthetic vibes. Similarly, the soothing green facades of the Plaza and academic blocks provide a pleasant and conducive setting for learning. Extensive use of our school colours are constant reminders of our quest for excellence. Yellow, the colour of gold, denotes our quest for excellence, and blue, the colour of the deep ocean, celebrates the aspiration to venture far in life. Interesting details in the whole colour scheme have resulted in a visually exciting campus.
(2) SETTING SAILSchool equips Navalites with a champion mindset and life skills for academic success. This prepares them to set sail on a bright journey in life. A sailboat was donated by Mr Suthenthiran, whose son Vinod is an alumnus from the class of 2006. It allowed us to create a unique installation in the front of the school encouraging Navalites to set lofty aspirations and venture to the great unknown to find their destiny.
(5) CASCADING WAVES
The series of wave-themed installations and designs around the school campus conveys the ambition of Navalites to make waves in life as confident individuals and dependable citizens society can lean upon:
( 6) SCHOOL VISION DEPICTED BY WATER STONE
The standing stone slab with flowing water on both sides is a metaphorical representation of our school vision - the three strong water spouts on one side symbolises strength of personal mastery anchored on core Navalite values of Love, Hope & Integrity; the gentle water curtain on the other side symbolises compassion and care for others.