SHIPSHAPE in Target Setting & Monitoring
enlarge- Right click, open image in new tab. For mobile device- Landscape for
SHIPSHAPE in Target Setting &
Self-mastery is the process of working on never-ending continuous improvement, targeted towards overcoming fears and breaking through resistance one faces. This is achieved through developing strong belief in self and putting in effort to develop one’s personal mastery, which includes addressing one’s shortcomings to close the gap between current reality and personal vision.
- Take personal responsibility for his/her learning through constant reflection and in the process, stretch his/her learning,
- Identify one's gaps and close them through a comprehensive plan, and
- Work towards being at his/her best
The Development Plan for Self-Mastery promotes reflection and a proactive attitude towards one’s growth and development. It is anchored on developing a growth mindset; one should focus on the inner locus of control to take charge of situations and succeed. It encourages one to ask the five Self-Mastery questions:
• What is my personal vision?
• What is my current reality?
• What I need to do to close the gap between my vision and the current reality?
• When am I going to implement my plan?
• How am I going to monitor and make adjustments to my plans to achieve my vision?
Questions to develop Self Mastery
|Developing a personal vision|
|Knowing the current reality|
|Establishing a plan to close the gap between vision and reality|
|Implementing, monitoring and making adjustments to the plan to achieve the vision|