CCA and Post-Secondary Education
ADMISSION TO PRE-UNIVERSITY COURSES
- For admission to the three year pre-university course in a centralised institute, CCA grades may be used as one of the subjects to meet the entry requirements.
- For admission to junior colleges the minimum entry requirements remain unchanged. Bonus points will be awarded for achievements in CCA to give pupils an advantage in gaining admission to a junior college of their choice.
- Pupils who obtain an ‘A’ grade in CCA will be given two bonus points, while those who obtain a ‘B’ or ‘C’ grade will be given one bonus point.
- The total number of bonus points a pupil can use including bonus points for CCA will be capped at 4 points.
ADMISSION TO THE POLYTECHNICS & INSTITUTES OF EDUCATION
- Pupils who meet the requirements for admission to the polytechnics and institute of education can also use CCA points for competing for places in the polytechnics and institutes of education.