Nutrition and Food Science (NFS)
The NFS Department equips students with relevant 21st century competencies that prepare them to face the future and all challenges with confidence.
Food and Consumer Education (FCE) is a compulsory coursework based subject for the lower secondary curriculum. Food and Nutrition (F&N) is an elective subject catered to meet the interests and passions of students who choose to pursue F&N at a higher level.
1. Food and Consumer Education (FCE) syllabus
Secondary 1 - Cupcake experiment
Secondary 2 – Short crust pastry experiment
The students are exposed to process skills
3. Hands-on cooking practical sessions.
Students are taught different cooking methods and basic culinary skills such as basic knife skills (chopping, slicing, dicing etc) cake and pastry making skills, batter-making etc.
1. Food and Nutrition syllabus
2. Hands-on cooking practical sessions.
Students will be taught different cooking methods and basic culinary skills such as basic knife skills (chopping, slicing, dicing, mincing etc) cake, biscuit and pastry making skills, batter-making, sauce-making and preparation of one-dish meals to meet the nutritional needs of different age group.
3. CourseworkAssessment focuses on analysis of the task, development of a plan (‘O’ level), record and interpret experimental results (‘O’ level), decisions; as well as a methodical approach in the production and presentation of the final products. The evaluation will require the students to draw conclusions by interpreting the findings and evaluating the outcomes.