We are the ones you often see during National Day Parade clad in blue with a light brown scarf. The Girl Guides is about sisterhood and bonding young girls together as well as forging life-long friendships.
It is also the only uniformed group in Naval Base Secondary School meant exclusively for girls.
The Guides motto is to ‘Be Prepared’, that is, to be ready for any form of duty that may come our way by practicing beforehand.
We abide by the 10 Guide Laws:
1. A guide is loyal and can be trusted
2. A guide is useful and helps others
3. A guide is polite, considerate and respects her elders
4. A guide is friendly and a sister to all guides
5. A guide is kind to all living things
6. A guide is obedient
7. A guide has courage and is cheerful in all difficulties
8. A guide takes care of her own possessions and those of other people
9. A guide is thrifty and diligent
10. A guide is self-disciplined
Aims and Objectives
Our programmes are made up of footdrill training, games, test works, external badge courses, knotting and lashings, sing-a-long sessions. All these serve to enable the girls in the acquirement of guiding skills through hands-on experiences.
The Guides participated in camp craft, service learning at Sree Narayana Mission Home, camps, outdoor challenge, social and personal development. Through these activities, the Guides are develop to their fullest potential to become confident individuals of the society. With a strong sense of commitment and pride, the company has attained third Puan Noor Aishah (GOLD) Award in 2016.
Name of Teacher-in-charge
- Ms Lim Yu Qian Jasmine (i/c)
- Ms Poovili d/o Panisilvam
- Ms Lim Li Qing
Every Tuesday from 2.30pm - 5.30pm